Black Reference Series inherited all the technical knowhow from both the Golden Reference Series and the Platinum Signature Series. All the knowledge and experience from creating the Golden Reference Series and the Platinum Signature Series have been trickled down to develop the Black Reference Series.
The aim of this is to achieve a total price reduction of 50% from the Golden Reference Series, while providing no less than 80% of the performance from the Golden Reference Series. The design and outlookof the Black Reference Series fully conform to the design principles of Telos Audio Design.
The Black Reference Series is uncompromising in terms of materials and every cable is relentlessly handcrafted. The sound of the new Black Reference Series is well balanced, transparent and high in density throughout the extended frequency response. This will break and surpass the performance threshold achieved by any cable within the price bracket, thus, setting the new benchmark for the rest to catch up.
The specifications for the new Black Reference Series are as below
- The outer shells for the plugs are high-precision CNC milled from pure copper billet; the design is a rigid integral column structure with hollowed central section. When enclasped, the shells effectively shield the power cords from EMI and RF interferences.
- The power plug utilizes pure copper pins while the IEC plug utilizes pure copper plating on brass. Thus, ensuring tight contact as well as improved conductivity.
- The resonance control sound tuning rings are redesigned from ground up and milled-to-spec to fit the diameter of the new Black Reference Series. The Black Reference Series employs the latest cable configuration from Telos Audio Design.
- The Black Reference Series is based on a dark color theme. The initial prototype with anodized aluminum has been upgraded to utilize the higher cost pure copper rings with dark chroming treatment.
- Inherited the usage of massive spades from the Golden Reference Series and the Platinum Signature Series to ensure the best conductivity.
- The cable configuration has been completely redesigned with the insulation layer utilizing anti-static PVC material. This design effectively eliminates the ailing effects of static current on the musical signal.
- The Black Reference Series have been properly run-in by our proprietary cable run-in machine for at least 12 hours before leaving the factory. Users would be able to immediately enjoy the maximum performance of the Black R
After helming the position as the top of the line series for three years since its inception, Telos Golden Reference has been superseded by the Platinum Reference series.
Even then, with continuos improvements in materials used and manufacturing process, the Golden Reference series is still current and valid products by today’s standard.
The Golden Reference products still make statements with their high resolutions, accurate definitions and crystal clear transparency. The Golden Reference products are where you start to look at if you are after a well balanced sound with ultimate neutrality.
Telos Golden Reference stringent quality requirements
- extremely high purity oxygen-free copper conductors.
- Optimized crystalization process with Telos Special Cryogenic Treatment
- Telos Copper and 24 carat Gold-Plated Power Plugs (15A or 20A).
- Telos Copper and 24 carat Gold-Plated Rings Resonators
- Telos high purity copper and 24 carat Gold plated connectors
Gold Reference MKII
In the new Gold ReferenceMKII series, we have introduced many interesting technologies.
The all new Gold Reference MKII is equipped with Far Infrared Technology Far Infrared is an electromagnetic radiation of 4 – 400 micrometers wavelength;it is widely used in medical treatment as the wavelength is very close to human body’s radiation wavelength.
Far Infrared is a form of photon and does not carry any electrical charge. In particle physics, photon is an elementary particle which could influence other particles.It was observed that shining a light on certain metals would lead to electric current in a circuit.
Hypothetically, certain resonance frequency could be observed as quantum mechanics postulates that all particles exhibit both wave and particle properties.Under the Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy, FTIR test, nano minerals exhibit specific absorption characteristics towards far infrared wavelength.Therefore, we could derive that nano minerals possess far infrared “energy storage” capacity.
With the addition of nano minerals into the cable making process, we could definitely equip our products with excellent far infrared characteristics (radiation rate greater than 0.8).In the brand new Gold Reference MKII series, we at TELOS have innovatively mixed nano minerals into our insulation layers.
Through strenuous testing, we have found the magic proportion of nano minerals to be added, making the “influence” all positive to us. As a result, we are able to improve the transmission efficiency through energy particle radiation, and from the resulting resonance characteristics, enhance the sound with elegant golden tones.
The all new Gold Reference MKII is made with new conductor configurations to meet the new generation of sound requirements.The individua
l conductor dimensions and configurations have been totally reengineered, this has increased the cross-sectional area from 4 mm2 in the previous generation to 5.2 mm2.By redistributing the conductors and braiding ratio, the highs becomes even more refined and fluid. At the same time, elevating the richness in the mids and further extending the lows.
The all new Gold Reference MKII comes with the latest gold plated resonance control sound enhancement ring.With the latest dimension recalculated from ground up, the weight distribution has been greatly improved.With the new ring, the golden tonality unique to TELOS has been further enhanced. Thus, bringing cleaner textures, blacker background and more dimensional imaging.
Run in using specially designed TELOS OBT cable run-in machine.
The signal has been improved from the first generation of 20 Hz – 20 KHz to the latest 0 Hz – 50 KHz run-in bandwidth.The run-in time has also been increased from 12 hours in the first generation to the current 24 hours.The moment the cables are plugged in, the brand new Gold Reference MKII is able to reach peak performance almost instantaneously.
- There is a special meaning of Rose Gold series. It is a celebration for the Founder, Jeff Lin, married his love in 2012.
- Rose Gold series is named after his beloved wife, Branda, called BRAND SIGNATURE.
- This series has a huge break through to former concept of Telos, the complex with single core.
- Telos ROSE GOLD brings audiophiles a brand new luxury auditory feeling. Better micro-moving performance !
- Bigger moving comparative! Mellower the sound density is !
Gold Reference USB Cables
Computer as Source (CAS) has been the hot topic in town, and would undisputedly be the next big trend in audio.
Looking at how the market is flooded with USB digital cables, TELOS maintained its unwavering belief in elaborative research and design considerations. After much extensive testing, TELOS is proud to introduce the latest USB Digital Cable.
TELOS USB Cable utilizes 4 26 AWG UPOCC high purity single crystal copper cables as conductors. Dual layers of copper mesh are used to shield out unwanted interferences. With Teflon used as insulator and PVC as protective jacket, the cable is highly immune to minute vibrations.
TELOS USB Digital Cable is terminated with USB Type-A to Type-BIn terms of length, they are provided in either 0.6m, 1.2m, 2.4m, 3.6m or 4.8m.